Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mexico Trip Day 2

On Tuesday Wes wanted me to experience the Mercado (market place) We took the shuttle from the hotel downtown. I found the city to be kind of dirty with graffiti on all of the buildings.
Apparently they just leave the graffiti there rather than clean it off. Kind of lets us know who is responsible for the graffiti here. Oops I am ethinic profiling here. And in case you are wondering, the traffic is awful and scary. We took the taxi back to the hotel. I was wondering if we had to pay extra to get back alive. However the taxi drivers we had were good and at no time did I lose my dinner.


I had so much fun shopping for souvenirs to take back. Wes kept telling me to buy what I wanted. I couldn't pass up that opportunity.


Inside one of the aisles. There are so many that when I tried to find a little shop I had been to earlier, I could not find it. Wow so much stuff.



Inside the square at the mercado. on the other side of the shops is the street.










There is around a thousand shops here in the mercado.

















This is going to the main plaza where the historical sites of Guadalajara are found. I thought this was awesome to just walk down the large walkway. However just a block or two over are streets for the cars. It was very scary crossing the street.



Depicting some history of Guadalajara








The great cathedral.







This is a statue of Hidalgo. Unfortunately you can't see the horrible angry look on his face. Perhaps it is due to the pigeons sitting on his head and shoulders.
















0 comments: