Sunday, August 31, 2008

I won a ribbon

I worked in the entering of antiques at the fair this year, so I got brave and entered my little handcrank sewing machine. Looky, Looky it won a blue ribbon and a champion. Now isn't that just awesome? I won $3.00 for the blue ribbon and I think $5.00 for the champion.
I also worked in entering canning and baking, then Wes and I helped in the judging the following day. We weren't judges but we got to sample some of the goodies. Yum. However when I weighed in the next day I was up. Go figure. It is really interesting to see all the things that are brought in.

Dad's great grandfather's riding duster. The tan one. I think it won a blue ribbon, but you can't see it.

2 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Congrats! Way ta win!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

yay! so what is this that you cant enter it for like ten years???